Swedish progressive metal powerhouse Opeth have announced that they will be releasing Book of Opeth, a 208-page hardcover book commemorating the band’s 25th anniversary.
The book is told in the first-person by Mikael Akerfeldt, the band, their friends, former members and collaborators and is illustrated throughout with hundreds of previously unseen, rare artworks and memorabilia. It includes early personal, candid, studio and live photographs, and an extensive illustrated discography. Akerfeldt himself says, “There are photos in here I’ve never seen before.”
Every copy of the first 4,000 books come with a vinyl pressing with acoustic versions of “Atonement” and “Demon of the Fall,” which will only be available in the Book of Opeth. The strictly limited “Signature” edition, all numbered and signed by Akerfeldt, also includes three fine art prints by Opeth sleeve designer Travis Smith.
Book of Opeth – The Classic Edition
– A large format, 208-page full-colour hardback, printed on heavy-weight art paper, bound in silk cloth with foil detailing
– Over 300 images, many of which are rare and previously unseen
– 7″ record exclusive to the book
Book of Opeth – The Signature Edition
– The Classic edition with a black-on-black cover 7″ record exclusive to the book
– Limited edition of 500 hand-numbered sets
– Each set signed and numbered by Mikael Åkerfeldt
– Also includes three limited edition fine art prints by Travis Smith,
hand-numbered to match the book
– Presented in a clamshell box covered in black cloth with foil detailing