Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the James Wan directed “Insidious Chapter 2” on December 24, 2013 on Blu-ray and DVD. “Insidious Chapter 2” made some serious waves at the box office, grossing $137 million with a budget of only $5 million.
Fans can delve deeper into â€œThe Furtherâ€ with more than an hour of bonus materials exclusive to the Blu-ray Combo Pack, including a three-part webisode called â€œInsidious: Spectral Sightings,â€ which gives an inside look at the business operations of Specs and Tucker from their early days as paranormal investigators through their investigation with Elise.
Cast and crew highlights are also included in the three additional behind-the-scenes featurettes available exclusively on the Blu-ray Combo Pack, including a discussion about making INSIDIOUS 2 and what it was like to film at a haunted location. Fans can unlock secrets from this suspense thriller through two additional featurettes available on both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD. â€œPeripheral Vision: Behind the Scenesâ€ takes fans onto the set of the film to see how it was created, and â€œGhostly Transformationâ€ follows the make-up effects used to create the ghosts in The Further.
Special Features include:
– â€œHaunted Hospital: On Locationâ€ — Cast and crew discuss what itâ€™s like to film at a haunted location (Blu-ray exclusive)
– â€œLeigh Whannellâ€™s Insidious Journalâ€ — A look at making the film through the perspective of writer/actor Leigh Whannell (Blu-ray exclusive)
– â€œWork in Progress: On Set Q&Aâ€ — Barbara Hershey, Patrick Wilson, Jason Blum, James Wan and Leigh Whannell discuss their experiences filming
– “Insidious: Spectral Sightings” 3-Part Webisodes — Specs & Tucker find an unexpected ally in their early days as paranormal investigators (Blu-ray exclusive)
– â€œPeripheral Vision: Behind the Scenesâ€ — Go on the set and see how the second installment was created
– â€œGhostly Transformationâ€ — Discover how actors were transformed into ghosts in The Further through make-up effects