Hammer’s The Mummy is coming to Region 2 DVD and Blu-ray in a 3-Disc Double Play on October 14, 2013. Check out the specs below of the Hammer Horror classic starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.
One by one the archaeologists who discover the 4,000-year-old tomb of Princess Ananka are brutally murdered. Kharis (Lee), high priest in Egypt 40 centuries ago, has been brought to life by the power of the ancient gods and his sole purpose is to destroy those responsible for the desecration of the sacred tomb. But Isobel Banning (Yvonne Furneaux), wife of one of the explorers (Cushing), resembles the beautiful princess, forcing the speechless and tormented monster to defy commands and abduct Isobel to an unknown fate…
Available October 14, 2013 in the UK on 3-disc Double Play, the pack comprises 1 x Blu-ray and 2 x DVD. The release also includes brand new documentaries, a new expert commentary track from Marcus Hearn and Jonathan Rigby, and multiple bonus extras.
DVD DISC 1
- Original UK theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1 (the film has never before been released at this aspect ratio)
- Alternate “full frame” aspect ratio: 1.37:1
- (BothÂ features have English HOH subtitles )
- Commentary â€“ New expert commentary from Marcus Hearn & Jonathan Rigby.
DVD DISC 2
- “Unwrapping the Mummy: The Making of a Hammer Classic” — New documentary about the film’s creation and history
- “The Hammer Rep Company” — New documentary about Hammer’s informal repertory company of actors.
- “Stolen Face” â€“ bonus feature (Terence Fisher’s 1952 crime drama, 72 mins.)
- “The House Of Horror: Memories of Bray” â€“ Hammer’s all-new documentary (45 mins.) which will premiere on Hammer’s YouTube channel before the Double Play release.
- “Hammer Stars: Peter Cushing” â€“ The World Of Hammer episode
- HD Archive/Stills Gallery
- Original industry promo reel restored to HD (6 mins.)
- PDF booklet by Hammer archivist Robert J. E. Simpson