Variety is reporting that the producers of The ABC’s of Death just announced the plans for the sequel at Cannes, and has signed on a number of directors including Alex de la Iglesia (THE LAST CIRCUS), Rodney Ascher (ROOM 237) and animator Bill Plympton. And, like they did with the original, producers will hold a directorâ€™s competition this summer to include one additional filmmaker.
Among the other ABCs directors:
– Filipino icon â€“ and Directorâ€™s Fortnight inductee â€“ Erik Matti (ON THE JOB, MAGIC TEMPLE)
– The Founder of Nigerian â€œNollywoodâ€ cinema Lancelot Imasuen
– Lithuaniaâ€™s Kristina Buozyte and Bruno Samper (VANISHING WAVES)
– Japanâ€™s arthouse provocateur Sion Sono (COLD FISH, SUICIDE CLUB)
– SPLICE and CUBEâ€™s Vincenzo Natali
– Indie horror icon Larry Fessenden (THE LAST WINTER, HABIT)
– THE COLLECTIONâ€™s Marcus Dunstan
– Franceâ€™s Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo (INSIDE, LIVID)
– E.L. Katz (director of the SXSW breakout hit CHEAP THRILLS)
– Twin auteurs Jen and Sylvia Soska (AMERICAN MARY, DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK)
– Israelâ€™s Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado (RABIES, BIG BAD WOLVES)
– A LONELY PLACE TO DIEâ€™s Julian Gilbey
– Brazilâ€™s most controversial filmmaker Dennison Ramalho (NINJAS and LOVE FOR MOTHER ONLY)
– THE LEGEND OF BEAVER DAM and the upcoming STAGEFRIGHTâ€™s Jerome Sable
– Animator Robert Morgan â€“ creator of the BAFTA Award nominated short BOBBY YEAH.
This time around weâ€™re all determined to expand the concept to even more hyperkinetic, comically deranged and mortally dizzying heights of how someone can shuffle off this mortal coil.”
The sequel will be produced by Timpson along with Tim League in conjunction with Todd Brown, Marc Walkow, Mitch Davis and Ted Geoghegan.