Arrow Video is bringing George Romero’s Knightriders to Blu-ray with a worldwide release on April 22, 2013. It will get a specially restored deluxe edition that will include both DVD and Blu-ray copies of the film, along with a host of special features and collectorâ€™s items.
A traveling troupe of jousters and performers are slowly cracking under the pressure of hick cops, financial troubles and their failure to live up to their own ideals. The group’s leader, King Billy, is increasingly unable to maintain his warrior’s rule while the Black Knight is being tempted away to LA and stardom, as they all have to ask why they were here in the first place.
Knightriders stars a young, up-and-coming Ed Harris, horror favorite Tom Savini, Patricia Tallman and features a cameo from horror novelist Stephen King.
A real must-have collectorâ€™s item, the deluxe edition of Knightriders includes the following bonus material and special features:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations.
- Uncompressed original Mono 2.0 PCM audio.
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero.
- â€˜The Genesis of a Legendâ€™ â€“ Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role.
- â€˜A Date with Destinyâ€™ â€“ Co-star Tom Savini reflects on the film.
- â€˜Medieval Maidenâ€™ â€“ Interview with actress Patricia Tallman.
- Theatrical Trailer.
- TV Spots.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh.
- Collectorâ€™s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero, and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.